With nutrition (90% of your results) preparation is key, but it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Your nutrition tip for the day: Practice “Pick Three”
For the following 4 groups, pick three whole food sources that will get you closer to your goal.
- Lean Protein
- Examples: Tilapia, Ground Turkey, Egg Whites
- Examples: Olive Oil, Avocado, Almonds
- Veggie Carbs
- Examples: Steamer veggie bags, bell peppers, spinach
- Starchy Carbs
- Examples: Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Black beans
1 meal is usually made up of the following:
- 1 fist-sized serving lean protein and starchy carbs
- 2 fist-sized servings of veggie carbs
- 1 thumbs-sized serving of fat.
Congrats! You now have:
- 24 possible meal combinations *if we are only going off of the 4 factorial
- A grocery list.
- Template for crafting those meals.
Build some meals using your three and enjoy!
If you want action steps and accountability with your nutrition, go here.